Important Garage Door Repair Opener Facts for Homeowners
Whether you just recently bought a home or have been living in one for several years, should you have garage doors, there are some crucial facts you should be made aware of. These will make life easier, and ensure your house is safer and more secure.
Garage door openers make it much easier to get in and out of a garage. It allows you to store your vehicle inside the garage, this means your car is more secure and free of such things as theft or break-ins. And it makes it easier after a heavy snow, you have no need to scrape off all the snow and ice which builds up each morning. You no longer have to get out of your car, just simply use your opener to raise the door, put your car in and close the door behind you. Garage doors provide more security for a home. It is harder to break into a garage which uses a door opener. You can use a security system that comes with an entry pad, this makes it easier for kids to gain access to the house once school has let out for the day.
Symptoms that you need repairs
Be on the lookout for any signs that your garage door opener needs repairs, doing this will help you prevent accidents and the need for costly replacement. Should your doors become noisier or slower, you should give your local garage door repair service a call to come out and give them a once-over.
Always use a professional garage door repair service
Garage doors and openers come with some hazardous parts. Should you attempt to make any repairs or installations by yourself, you may do some serious injury to yourself, and cause irreparable damage to the garage doors, should an accident happen. It is advisable to err on the side of caution, and have a garage door repair company look after the installations and repairs. It does save time and money in the long run.
Call Brooks Overhead - Cypress, based in Cypress, TX.
How to Fix Common Issues with the Help of a Garage Door Repair Specialist
As we promised last week, we will list 2 more of the most common garage door problems, as well as their solutions. Read this post to its very end if you are interested to learn some useful tips from our garage door repair specialists!
- Symptom: The door backs up when you hit the close button.
- Diagnosis: The safety sensors are damaged, misaligned, or are malfunctioning.
- Solution: Most of the time, the problem can be fixed by realigning the sensors. To do that, check the LED lights on the sensors. If one of the lights is flickering, then adjust the sensor manually until the LED stays lit. If this doesn’t work, then contact a professional garage door repair service provider.
- Symptom: The door is struggling to operate, rides rough, and bounces a lot when closing.
- Diagnosis: Normally, this will indicate a problem with the pulleys. However, it can also signal a garage door opener problem.
- Solution: The first thing you can do is replace the pulleys. If you have the proper tools and experience, then you can do it yourself. If not, then call a professional.
Brooks Overhead - Cypress is one of the most reliable garage door repair and installation providers in Cypress, TX. We have many years of experience and numerous satisfied clients. So, if you are looking for a true local garage door specialist, then all you have to do is dial (281) 709-4784!
How to Determine If You Need to Hire a Professional Garage Door Supplier
Welcome to the blog page of Brooks Overhead - Cypress! As a well-known garage door supplier in Cypress, TX, we are happy to finally have a space where our team of professionals can share different news from the garage door industry, as well as some free repair and installation tips. To start with, we have prepared two posts which are dedicated to the most common garage door problems and their solutions.
Believe it or not, there are only a few things which can go wrong with your garage door. Although all problems must be addressed in a timely manner and by a professional garage door supplier, you should get familiar with these common issues so that you know what to do when they occur. Here is one of them:
- Symptom: The door goes up only about 6 inches and then stops.
- Diagnosis: Broken spring/s
- Solution: Call a garage door repair expert as soon as possible. Under no circumstances should you try to replace the springs yourself. Garage door springs must be loaded prior to the installation. If you don’t install them correctly, the spring can snap and cause severe injury or property damage. You should also avoid operating the door when the springs are broken. Since there is nothing to hold the door up, the door could come crushing down on someone or something.
In our next post, we will list 2 more problems, so make sure you visit our web page next week for more information on the topic. If you, however, need some emergency tips, or want to book our team for a repair or installation job, call (281) 709-4784 now!